Improve Building Information Model (BIM) workflows with tools that help you improve project delivery, maintain more consistent data and processes, and respond faster to project changes. New and enhanced features in AutoCAD® Civil 3D® civil engineering design software help you to:
- Find better ways of collaborating. Use InfraWorks 360™ preliminary models inside of Civil 3D® and take detailed design data back to the InfraWorks 360™ model more easily.
- Associate and re-associate drawing objects to data shortcuts with enhanced Data Shortcut collaboration tools.
- Streamline time-consuming tasks for road and highway design, parcel design, and pressure and gravity network design with new Civil Design enhancements.
- Boost efficiency with enhanced Civil 3D® and Vault Professional data organization tools.
- Create AutoCAD® Solids from AutoCAD® Civil 3D® Tin Surfaces, Pipe Networks, and Pressure Networks that can be used for visual analysis.
- Experience greater flexibility when designing and displaying corridor models with enhancements that include Corridor Target Specification by AutoCAD® layer capabilities and Subassembly Loop Support within the Subassembly Composer.
- Create production deliverables more efficiently by Crossing pipe labels within profile and section views, for pressure and gravity network pipe crossings. Cross section views now include - section display direction control.
- Enjoy improved performance and more flexibility when working with point cloud files. New reality capture enhancements help you create TIN surfaces in Civil 3D® from point cloud files generated in ReCap™.
- Help improve collaboration with new Interoperability and Data exchange enhancements.
- Improve workflows by enabling broader reuse of information generated during the design, construction, and operation of civil infrastructure projects that utilize bi-directional data conversion between Civil 3D® and Bentley GEOPAK and Bentley InRoads civil design software, available on Desktop or Maintenance Subscription.
- Import and Export AutoCAD® Solids to Industry Foundation Class (IFC) files for use in other applications.
Access even more powerful AutoCAD® Civil 3D® features when you purchase a license to the Infrastructure Design Suite Premium or Ultimate editions on Desktop or Maintenance Subscription. Use these industry-specific tools to:
- Model bridges more accurately and quickly with the Bridge Module. Enhance the design of bridges, bridge decks, piers, abutments, bearings, and barriers.
- More effectively streamline the import, use, and documentation of borehole data with the Geotechnical Module. Import boreholes in AutoCAD® Civil 3D®, create surfaces from borehole strata, and document borehole strips.
- Save more time with the River and Flood Analysis Module. Automate functions such as bridge scour computations, HEC-RAS cross-section cutting, water surface analysis, flood plain mapping, and more. Generate floodplain and floodway maps that are ready for agency submittals (Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate edition only).
- More effectively streamline the layout of rail tracks with a new Rail Layout Module that creates new alignments and switch graphics based on the rail turnout catalogue (also a Civil 3D® Maintenance Subscription benefit).